Monday, February 16, 2015

Week of Treats!

This week was wonderful, and full of cakes, cookies, and goodies!
Everyday at lunch this week, members gave us some pastel or something for my birthday and WOW!!  It was a great week!  On Thursday, my Zone even gave me a cake and sang to me!  But, thanks to the wonderful Elders in my Zone, half of the cake went on my face… I went to take the “bite” out of the cake (a tradition here) and the Elders pushed the cake on my face.  Tasted really good!  One of the American Elders said, “Hey look, Mrs. Doubtfire!”  Only the American Missionaries laughed, but, it was pretty funny.
Happy Birthday Hermana Karratti aka Mrs. Doubtfire!
Also, MILAGROS WAS BAPTIZED!!!!! It was such a wonderful service. I don't know if I mentioned this, but her boyfriend is a Return Missionary and he was able to baptize her. It was wonderful. But this past week wasn't all butterflies and flowers for her. It was actually really difficult. Like I said before her father is a Preacher for the Adventist church and yes, he was fine with us teaching Milagros. But, when she went up to him to tell him that she was going to be baptized, he wasn't very happy with her decision. Actually, in better terms, he was furious! He almost threw her out of the house. While she was telling us all of this we were in shock, but she told us something really special. I wasn't worried about what my father thought, or what my father did. I know that this church is true, and I know that God was with me. I didn't have any reason to fear. I was truly amazed! On Saturday, we were able to watch her make this sacred covenant with our Heavenly Father and I was so honored to be apart of it. After she was confirmed yesterday, she came up to Hermana Valdez and I telling us that she now wants to serve a mission! Yay!!!!
Milagros at her Baptism
Also, this last week we had Zone Conference with our Mission President, President Erickson and Hermana Erickson, and it was great! We learned a lot and even ate pulled-pork sandwiches! First time I've eaten that in 11 months.... Yum!
My Zone with President and Hermana Erickson
#specialhermana #sittingnexttopresidentandhermanaerickson
Jajaja oh hashtags
The Only Sisters in My Zone
(left to right) Hermana Valdez (mi hija), Hermana Karratti (yo),
Hermana McRae (hija de Hermana Paez), Hermana Paez (mama...she's training, as well)
Well, I couldn't be happier to be a missionary and I love it more than words can say! I hope this finds you all well and happy. Pray for the missionaries, we need it! Have a wonderful week, I LOVE YOU ALL!!

Con mucho amor,
Herm'ANNA' Karratti
Predicando en PerĂº

No comments:

Post a Comment