Monday, May 19, 2014

Another wonderful week in Perù!!!

Oh my oh my!
So many wonderful things and not so wonderful things have happened this week! For those who didn't know, I was transerfed right after I emailed last week. Literally right after! 

Anyways, now I'm with Hermana Espinoza from Honduras, and she speaks little to NO english! So we've been helping each other a lot. Because our Mission President wants all the native spanish speaking missionaries to learn English, while all the others try to learn spanish. So everyday we're helping and listening very closely to each other. I guess sometimes, that's not a good thing though... Because I accidently taught my companion the word "FETCH" and she says it all the time. I don't know if that's a good thing or not. Sorry Hermana!!
Hermana Espinoza and Me
Oh! Something super exciting is happening next month! Elder Dallin H. Oaks is visiting Perú and guess which Hermana was asked to play the piano for him in a special devotional he's having for all the missionaries? Yep! Hermana Karratti! Kinda nervous to play but really excited at the same time!

But as we've been contacting all this week, Hna. Espinoza and I are whistled at constantly, I quickly had to teach her that when a group of men whistle or cat call at us, it's not because they want to hear the gospel. We usually just ignore them and keep walking by. A little different, but this place is very different!
 
I SAW A MONKEY!!
My area is: Carabayllo My ward: Carabayllo My District: Carabayllo... Kinda funny, huh? Anyways, my ward is wonderful! And they love the missionaries. And it's a lot like the Polynesian culture. They feed you all the time! Many times this week, I've had 3-4 dinners. And they have HUGE portions. Bleh!

All in all, I love it in my new area. I wasn't too happy at the beginning because I really loved my last companions, but Hermana Espinoza is wonderful!
I got the package Mom!  THANK YOU!!
Hope this finds you all well and happy! Love you all! And I miss you tons!

Con mucho amor,
Herm'ANNA' Karratti
Preachin' in Perú

No comments:

Post a Comment