Saturday, May 10, 2014

Herm’ANNA’ is finally in her mission!!

¡Hola mi familia!!
Okay, I know it's not my usual P-day, but on Monday we're doing a huge zone futbol game and so they are allowing us to write our families today. So I am finally out of the CCM! And I love my mission! My mission is known as the poorest mission out of all the Lima Missions but I believe it's the best! The people are amazing and I just love it here! Next week I'll send pictures, but I can't on this computer because there isn't any way for me to insert my card. Darn!! 

Anyways, the Perù Lima Norte Mision is known for it's DIRT, TRASH, and DOGS! There are barely any paved roads, so everything is dirt! At the end of the day, my legs are just black with dirt. Trash is also everywhere. It's not like America where there's a trash day every week, we're lucky if someone comes to get the trash once a month! And dogs, oh my goodness! There are dogs everywhere!! And the dogs here are so ugly!! Sad, but true! 

My first day in the field was Tuesday, and my first day here was different than any other missionary. Because every other missionary, their first day they went to the Mission Office, met the Mission Pres. and all the orientation. My first day was nothing like that. Since I came by myself, and I'm in between transfers, I went straight to a zone meeting, and then right out into the field. I was assigned to a trio. Hermana Day and Hermana Sanchez. They are both wonderful!! Hermana Day has been out 9 months, and she is from Salt Lake City. Hermana Sanchez has been out 6 months and she's from Mexico. (One hour away from Monterey, Dad!) They are the best trainers ever! We live in this little apartment above a member, and I just love it. 
My First 2 Comps
Hermana Day from Salt Lake City, Utah (right) and Hermana Sanchez from Mexico (center)
Our apartment is FREEZING during personal study, so we all had sweats and jackets under our skirts.

I will tell you more about everything when I talk to you guys TOMORROW!!! Oh my I cannot wait for that. 

Sorry this week was so short, I want to save some things to tell you tomorrow! Just know that I absolutely love my mission! I love the people, they are the best. And I am so grateful that I have the gospel in my life. It brings me the greatest joy in the world.

I love you all, and I hope this finds you well and happy. 

Con amor,
Herm'ANNA' Karratti
Preachin' in Perù

No comments:

Post a Comment