Monday, October 20, 2014

I ATE BUGSY!

Good morning everyone! 
How's everyone this fine day? This week for Hermana Alvarez and I was both great and not so great. I've finally eaten Guinea Pig, my companion and I were yet again as dorky as ever, and sadly poor Hermana Alvarez was having some bad health problems... poor girl!

First off, yes it's true. After 7 months of serving here in Peru, I have finally eaten Guinea Pig or Cuy in Spanish, and surprisingly, it was really really good! Yes it is a little weird trying to eat around the little paws and the whole fact that there isn't a whole lot of meat. But ,now I'm a Peruvian because I've eaten Cuy! And I really like it... it's delicious! 

The Head of the Guinea Pig
The Little Paw
Well, in my ward, Hermana Alvarez and I have earned new names. Hermana Loca and Hermana Crazy. Mainly because we are both completely NUTS! A family in our ward this week bought us some soccer jerseys from Colombia and my companion was so happy! We took a million and one pictures with them, and every day is just a party. I love this companion of mine. 

COLOMBIA!!!!
Hermana Loca and Hermana Crazy (you decide who is who)
Lastly, please oh please keep my companion in your prayers. This past week was very tough on her, and it even included a few trips to the hospital. She's doing a little better. But not quite 100% quite yet... poor girl. I can't give a lot of details, but this week she wasn't able to leave the house a lot and she couldn't really move a lot. Her body really took a hit but thanks to many prayers and love, she is slowly getting better.

My Crazily Awesome Companion
Good Times with Hermana Alvarez
Well, I love and miss you all. Sorry not really much to report this week. I spent a lot of time this week in the hospital with my companion so, there isn't really any big news to tell. I am grateful for this time that I'm here in Peru. I know this church is true and I love it!

Have a wonderful week!

Con mucho amor,
Herm'ANNA' Karratti
Predicando en Peru

1 comment:

  1. Hermanas les deseo muchos éxitos saludos .... soy Roberto amigo de Clever

    ReplyDelete