Monday, October 13, 2014

I’m Basically a Soccer Champ!

What a week! A very long week too.
A lot happened, but at the same time it feels like nothing happened. Last Monday we had our mission wide soccer tournament, Wednesday my companion and I changed houses, and I guess we liked our house so much that we didn't leave our house until Sunday. Yep I'll tell ya... what a week! 

So last Monday (wow it seems like it was a month ago) we had our "Mundial" the mission wide futbol tournament. It was a lot of fun. I even saw Hermana Espinoza who just hit her year mark this week. That was great! Also we played futbol. Which I can saw after almost 7 months of trying to play it... I still suck! I don't think I'll ever be good at it. But oh well, I still have 11 months to practice. Other than that it was really nice seeing the other missionaries. Mom, Elder Harrison Miller sends his love to the family. It's so weird talking to him and calling him Elder Miller, not Harrison. We both laughed at how weird it was to see someone from home. Anyways, the other St. George Morningside Stake missionary sends his love!
My Zone Last Week at the Mission Wide Futbol Tournament
Wednesday my Zone had a service project. They helped Hermana Alvarez and I move. We didn't move very far from our old house, but our new house is very nice. And the whole entire apartment has a roof! We're both happy about that. 
Our New Humble Abode
Well on Wednesday night my companion and I decided that we didn't like the outside anymore so we were going to stay inside for the rest of the week. Ha no I'm kidding... Hermana Alvarez started feeling really sick on Wednesday night, we went back to the apartment and she went right to bed. Thursday, the Elders came over to give my companion a blessing and I was just assigned to be her doctor so to speak. Thursday night, I got sick. When the doctor stopped by, they told us that we had what seemed like the flu. What a great weekend it was for us! NOT! But one thing that really surprised me was the support that we received from our ward. We had members come and bring us food, the Elders passed by frequently, we had no more than 30 minutes without someone stopping by to check on us. Even though it wasn't fun being sick, it was really nice witnessing the ward come together to help us. My companion and I are feeling a lot better now, still not 100% quite yet, but we're able to leave the house and work. 
My Cute Companion and I
I am really looking forward to this coming weekend. We have a baptism! Jhordan, the best friend of Jose will be getting baptized this week. Jose is very excited to baptize his best friend, and Jhordan is very excited to have Jose baptize him. I'm soo excited for the whole thing!!!
Probably my Favorite Restaurant in my Area.  It's Pretty Much the Greatest!
Well, I love you all and I hope as always that this finds you all well and happy. I am so grateful that I have this opportunity to serve a mission here in Perú. It's amazing! I am so thankful that we were able to watch General Conference, well for you all last week, and for me yesterday. It was a fantastic conference. I love you and miss you al! Thank you for your love and prayers! Have a wonderful week!

Con mucho amor,
Herm'ANNA' Karratti
Predicando en Perú


No comments:

Post a Comment