Tuesday, April 1, 2014

¡Hola de Perú!!!!!

Hola my friends and family!
Hermana Karratti is here and alive, and well! Tuesdays are my P-day for those of you who don´t know. I am loving it here. It´s definitely VERY different but honestly I am having an amazing time. I arrived here about 2 AM last Wednesday morning. And let me tell you. This is most certainly NOT America. We walked out of the airport and all the 12 of us missionaries squished in a van. The van was for like 6 people, and we all were in there. Then we headed to the CCM (thats what they call the MTC here) The driving here is absolutely CRAZY! No speed limit signs except on the freeway, horns are everyones best friend, and they don't use their blinkers. Everyone just cuts everyone off. Kinda freaky! Really happy I won´t be driving. But I made it to the CCM alive!

12 Newbie Missionaries ~ Ready to Start "Preachin in Peru"
The first week here has been the longest week of my life! And it´s so different than what I expected at the beginning. There are only 80 missionaries here, so it´s super duper small and we stay inside these brick walls. Some of us feel like prisoners in here. Oh joy! But it's still a wonderful experience. Oh! Mi compeñera is from Utah. Her name is Hermana Hoskins. Here's a picture of us together.

My First Compeñera - Hermana Hoskins
Sorry Mom...I look like a lazy bum, but it's super hot and
 I don't want to wear jeans.  Go BYU and Pizza Factory!

But yesterday was the first day that we got out of here. (I know that's a bad way to think of it. But really we were all so excited to get out of these walls) We went to immigration. And immigration here is kind of like the DMV in the USA but a million times worse! We were there for about 5 hours just to get one paper signed. Ahhhh!!

Today since it's P-day we went to the temple. THE TEMPLE HERE IS SOOO WONDERFUL! Driving to the temple though.... That's scary! The public transportation here is either a Taxi (which are scary) or the Bus (which is still scary, but a little uh... less scary) Anyways, we take the bus to the temple. And the way that they do the bus here is that they try to squish as many people in there at one time so it's more money for less time. We felt like sardines in a can basically. But hey, it's all apart of the experience right? But, like I was saying, the temple is amazing. We went through a session, and even though it was in Spanish and I understood about 10% of it. The spirit was so strong. And everyone here is so kind and loving. Especially to the missionaries. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!!!

♫  I Love to See the Temple  ♫

Inca Cola ... My Favorite!!
Well, overall it's been an amazing week. There have been ups and downs but I know that this is the place that I need to be. Oh! One last thing! I was made Sister Leader in my District! Sister Leader is the equivalent to Disctrict Leader, but since my District is only Hermana's, they made me in charge. Mom, tell President Bundy this... Please! :)


Called as the Sister Leader to these amazing Hermana's
I really love it here, it's hot and humid, and it smells weird... BUT I LOVE IT!

I couldn't imagine a better place to be. I love you all and I hope you are all doing well. My prayers are with you all. I miss you all like crazy but I'll see you soon!!

Quiero compartir mi testimonio. Yo se que El Libro de Mormón es verdadero y que Jesucristo es el salvador del mundo. Yo se que las familias pueden ser eternas y que es temple es la casa de Dios. José Smith es unprofeta de Dios y el vió a Jesucrist y a Dios.

I love you all!!

Con amor,
Herm'ANNA' Karratti
Preachin' in Perú

No comments:

Post a Comment