Monday, August 18, 2014

Hola from Canto Rey!!

First of all, I want to congratulate the future...HERMANA JOCELYN HARDING! I'm so excited for you Joce! Tennessee is getting one heck of a missionary! I cannot wait to be speaking Spanish with my best buddy!

Secondly, I'm in a new area! Kinda weird, but great at the same time. Monday after writing our families we found out who had changes. I was one of the 3 in my Zone who were having changes. So Monday was hard going around and saying goodbye to all the members and investigators. I sure miss them! I attached a few pictures of some of the members from my last area. Alejandro is almost 3 years old and calls me his "novia" so saying goodbye to him was really hard! 

Anyways, Tuesday I found out where I was going and who my new companion was. So now I'd like to introduce my new companiom, Hermana Alvarez from Columbia. She's wonderful! This is actually her 3rd mission; she had to return home 2 times because she has knee problems. Her first 2 missions were in Columbia, and her 3rd mission is here in PerĂº. Really, she is great and we have tons of fun together. She loves music, so we have fun jamming out to our Disney music and church music. I'm even starting to learn Disney songs in Spanish! How cool is that? Well.about my new area: it's about an hour south of my old area, and it's totally different! Hermana Alvarez and I are opening this area, as well. 2nd time opening an area! It's a lot bigger and a whole lot more people. But a whole lot less church attendance. Yesterday we had 83 people in Sacrament Meeting, and we were told we have over 400 members in the ward. Oh boy! Busy busy busy! But I'm happy to be here. Ward: Canto Rey, Stake: Canto Grande, Area: San Juan de Lurigancho. So very different but all apart of the mission!
My New Companion, Hermana Alvarez from Columbia
On Friday we were at a less active's house and she asked me if I knew how to make brownies. Apparently she bought brownie mix but didn't know how to make them since all the instructions were in English! So I helped her make Betty Crocker Brownies. They were sooo good! I didn't realize how much I missed them. We even ate them with Vanilla Ice Cream. Oh it was delicious! 
Brownies and Ice Cream ... YUM!!
So, basically this week has just been trying to find members to teach and getting used to my new area and trying to found out where we are. I love my new area but I sure miss my old one. But! I'm really excited!  Since my mission is pretty small, I was granted permission to go back this Saturday for my investigators baptisms! One of the Hermanas asked if I could be there and I was told I could. I am so excited for this special day!

Well, I love you all and I think about you too. Pray for the missionaries, Please!  We need it. And also write us! We like letters... PLEASE!!

I love you all!

Con mucho amor,
Herm'ANNA' Karratti
Preachin' in PerĂº


No comments:

Post a Comment