Monday, August 4, 2014

One Week Until Transfers!!

Buenos dias!
So, one more week left in this transfer, wow that's crazy how fast time is going. Hermana Espinoza and I were talking the other day about how when we started together I had just over a month, and she had 7. Now I'm past 4 months and my companion hits 10 months this week. Oh how fast time flies! Anyways, how is everyone this week? How was the family reunion? I must say, I am pretty bummed I missed it. My first time missing a family reunion!

This week for me has been really good actually! Happily nothing was stolen from me! On Monday (Día de Independencia) my companion and I had a FHE with a family and my companion made Honduranian food. It was sooo good! My comp. is basically a magician in the kitchen. She makes our breakfast everyday and it's so delicious. 
Hermana Doginoza!
Tuesday was just a day of teaching. Well, trying to teach. Our numbers this week were VERY low. Mainly because Independence Day here in Perú is basically Independence WEEK! Practically everything is closed and everyone is gone at parties or visiting family. So we had a lot fewer lessons. But, the few lessons that we had, were amazing! The girl I talked about last week whose best friend is a member accepted baptism for the 16th of this month! We were talking out of a lesson with her and she was talking about how she wants to serve a mission with her best friend. I told her how I want my best friend, Jocelyn, to come to this mission. And we all started talking about missions. Then my comp. said, "Wait, we need to get you baptized first!" We're really excited for her baptism!
A Fun Family in My Ward!  I Love being a Missionary!!
Wednesday we had a service project and we were building stairs. And after the project we were walking back to our apartment and a family passed us. The all told us how different we looked with pants on. Then, their son asked my comp. "You have 2 legs?" We all started laughing. Yes missionaries are real people! 

So yes, this week was great! It's crazy that this transfer is almost over. I don't want to leave this area and neither does my companion! Ahh the struggles!
Cute Sister Missionaries in Peru
We were walking through the park and my companion wanted a picture together.
Anyways, I love you all and I hope this letter brings you joy and happiness! I know that I'm here for a reason, and I couldn't be more happy to be teaching this wonderful gospel to these people. They make me so happy! I know without a doubt that this church is true! It's wonderful!!

I love you all!!

Con mucho amor,
Herm'ANNA' Karratti
Preachin' in Perú


No comments:

Post a Comment