Monday, November 10, 2014

Same Area, New Companion

Buenos Dias!
How is everyone this fine week? I hope as always that this finds you all well and happy. So, this week was a bit of a change for me. I had to say goodbye to Hermana Alvarez which was very hard. Monday was a night with a lot of tears and a lot of goodbyes. But I know that those transfers are for a reason and that she is needed in her new area. But I also know that I am going to miss her a lot!

Last Picture with Hermana Alvarez
Anyways, I have a new companion! Hermana Osinaga from Bolivia. She is really great, she knows a lot and I am grateful that I will have this time to be with her. This week we were up in the Cerros (the mountains) and we were trying to find new people to teach. We were near the top (which I must say it is VERY hard to climb a mountain in a skirt) and we found this family. There were building a house and we offered our help. We helped a little, and then we offered to come back on Saturday for a Service Project. They accepted, so we went back (in pants) on Saturday. The service project was to bring bags of cement from the bottom of the mountain up to the top where there house was. Well each of these bags of Cement weighed about 42.5 KG which is about 93 pounds each. They were super heavy. I must say I was very proud of myself because I didn't take only 1 but 2 bags up the mountain. By the end all of us were sweating so much. It also didn't help the fact that right now in Peru, we are in Summer. And it's really hot here, and the missionary tan lines are as great as ever.

My New Companion, Hermana Osinaga
What else, not really too much else to report. This last week at our Noche Misional we played Bingo and one of the prizes was a huge stuffed monkey. Well my little Peruvian twin, Dayanna won. She's the daughter of Family Huapaya that I've talked about a few times. When she yelled bingo she came running to the front! "I won the Monkey!" It was quite fun.

The Monkey with Familia Huapaya
Well I love and miss you all so much! Crazy to think that we're in November. Sure doesn't feel like it here. It feels like we're in the middle of June. It's so hot here! But apparently it's only going to get hotter. Woo hoo!! But I know that I'm needed here. I am so happy to be serving here in Peru and I am so grateful to be serving my Lord and Savior. Wishing you all a wonderful week!

Con mucho amor,
Herm'ANNA' Karratti
Predicando en PerĂº


No comments:

Post a Comment