Monday, November 3, 2014

Last Week of Transfers!

Buenos dias a todos! 
Happy November! Wow, can't believe it's already November. Actually, want to know something kinda cool? I was reading in my journal last night, and a year ago today I was studying at BYU. And a year ago today, I had an interview with my Stake President, and a year ago today I hit the "submit" button to send in my mission papers. How crazy is that? Fast forward a year, and here I am in Peru! This year went by way fast. So, how is everyone?This week was pretty great for Hermana Alvarez and I. Not the most eventful week, but it was still great.

Hermana Alvarez and I at a Family Home Evening
I don't know if I've told you, but in my mission, while the North Americans are learning Spanish. The Latinos are learning English. Well, my companion really wants to learn English. Mainly because her Dad speaks it and she wants to talk to him in English. Anyways, we have a rule in our house, "English only in the House!" Well this week she asked me something really funny. "Hermana, what does Butthead mean?" I looked at her and laughed, "Where did you hear that?" she said, "I don't remember. You said it one time and I think I heard it on the TV. But what does it mean?" I honestly didn't know how to respond. Finally after sometime we had a definition. Now it's one of her favorite sayings, "My companion is a Butthead!"

Happy Halloween!
Well, Happy belated Halloween! Here in Peru, they celebrate Halloween differently. Actually, they don't really celebrate it at all. There aren't a million kids un the street Trick-or-treating, only a few. If any. And really, it's different. Anyways, a kid in my ward, Joseph turned 12 on the 31st, so his family threw a party. The missionaries (the Elders and us) passed by, and our Ward Mission Leader (who was the clown for the party) gave us masks. Hence the pictures with masks. 

I MUSTACHE you a question!
 Lastly, I MUSTACHE you a question, isn't my companion the best? Well yes she is. But sadly, today is the last week of tranfers. And there is about a 92% chance that she'll be transferred since she has 6 months in this area. But hey! I'm still hoping on the 8% chance that she won't and we'll have one more change together.

Well like I've said many times, I love being a missionary! It's the best. Can't believe this year is almost over. It's truly flying by! I love and miss you all! Write the missionaries... We like letters!

Con mucho amor,
Herm'ANNA' Karratti
Predicando en Perú

No comments:

Post a Comment