Monday, February 9, 2015

Hola St. James Ward!!

I cannot believe how fast time is flying. I March I'll complete 1 year as a missionary. Time is truly flying by! Everything is wonderful down here in sunny Peru, we're in the middle of summer and boy is it hot! A lot hotter than St. George, believe it or not. But it doesn't matter about the weather, what really matters is the missionary work! I love being a missionary. Right now, I have the opportunity to train. My daughter "hija" is from Ecuador and we have been working so hard! We've been working with not 1, not 2 but 4 investigators prepare for their baptism. One of the investigators is Milagros and she will be having her baptism the 14th of February, and we're very excited! It's been hard to teach her, because her dad is a preacher of another church. But Milagros didn't know what to do. Because she knew that what she was learning was correct, but she was scared as to what her father would say. Normally, all the lessons are in a members house but she doesn't want her father to know that she's listening to the missionaries. But, last week we decided that we needed to teach her in her house to try to get to know her father. So, we went there and we introduced ourselves to him and he told us, "I have such respect for you because you came to my house and you want to do this right. If my daughter wants to go down this path, I'll allow it." When we said that, all of our mouths just dropped. Especially Milagros. We went on to teach her, and as we finished we decided to invite her to baptism. We did and we originally planned for the 21st of February, but when we said that date, she asked, "Can we do it sooner?" The sooner the better! We're very excited!
Missionary work is the best kind of work, I love what I do! I eat, sleep, breathe missionary work. A few weeks ago the area that I'm serving in had Stake Conference and wow was it great! All of the talks were about missionary work, and "every member a missionary" and it was a beautiful conference. Missionary work is for ALL of us. We as children of our loving Heavenly Father have the grand opportunity to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with our brothers and sisters here on Earth. How amazing is that! Just like Nephi said, "... GO and DO..." I know that Gospel of Jesus Christ is true and that we are members of the true church of God. The Book of Mormon truly holds all the answers of the soul and if we truly study and with a sincere heart and a contrite spirit we can learn.
I love and miss you all!


Con mucho amor,
Herm'ANNA' Karratti
Predicando en PerĂº

No comments:

Post a Comment