Monday, March 23, 2015

1 AÑO!!!!!!

Buenos Dias a todos!
Wow, can you believe it?  I have been a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for on whole year!  And, it’s been the greatest year of my life and I couldn’t be happier!  I LOVE being a missionary!!
Weekly Planning Session with Hermana Karratti and Hermana Valdez
But first... Let's take a Selfie!
THE CRAZY COMPS!!
Well, this past week was truly a hectic week, but a week full, not only full, jam-packed with miracles! Like I said last week, my companion and I are helping some of our investigators prepare for their wedding and their baptism. 5 baptisms! Woo!! So this week we've been running around like crazy getting everything ready. Because, to get married in Peru, it's very complicated and that's why many couples just don't. When a couple wants to "tie the knot" there are a million and one documents to fill, blood tests, and a lot of money. Usually this whole process takes months! But thanks to the miracles of our loving Heavenly Father, we were able to complete it all in 3 days. Last Saturday (14th of March) we received a call from our Zone Leaders telling us that the documents for Hermana Pilar hadn't arrived yet, and they wouldn't be able to be married on the 27th. Hermana Valdez and I were in tears! We knew how important this wedding was for Martin y Pilar. So, after ending the call, my comp and I said a prayer and we both felt that there was still a chance. So, we began calling everyone we knew asking for help. Because Hermana Pilars documents were in Trujillo which is about 6-7 hours away from Lima and we needed them in Lima by Monday morning. So all Saturday night we called and finally by Sunday we found a way to get the documents to Lima. MIRACLE!! My comp and I were thrilled! So, Monday, after internet, we received a call from one of the Elders in the Mission Office saying that the documents had arrived and that we needed to go to the center of Luma to pick them up and complete the other documents. So, we left. My companion and I, Hermana Pilar and our Zone Leaders. When we arrived, everything seemed to be going well. We were at the offices with what we thought were all the paper-work but when we went up to the lady to hand everything in, there were some parts missing. Again, my comp and I were told that the couple couldn't get married. We left the office and right as we walked out, the Elder who had called us earlier came running up to us, "I forgot to give you these papers. Sorry!”  In his hands were the papers that we had been missing. MIRACLE! From there we ran over to another office to certify them and when we had returned to the previous office it was 4:05 pm and they were closed. We were all sitting outside not knowing what we should do. We were told if we didn't hand everything in by Monday there went our chance. My comp started offering a prayer and when she finished the same lady who had helped us walked out. She looked a bit shocked, "Do you need something?" We explained to her that we had all the paper-work, certified, and everything but since the offices were closed we didn't know what we could do. She asked to see what we had, and then she told us, "If you are here tomorrow at 8 am with all these papers, I'll help you and we'll get this couple married." MIRACLE!!! Tuesday we were able to finish all the paper work and now we will have a wedding on Friday!! And on Saturday, their baptism! God loves his missionaries!!
My Companion and I in a Moto Taxi
I couldn't be more happy to be a missionary working in his service. I know this church is true and I couldn't be happier to be serving. I love and miss you all!

Have a wonderful week!!

Con mucho amor,
Herm'ANNA' Karratti
Predicando en Perú

No comments:

Post a Comment