Monday, April 20, 2015

Transfer Day!!!

Muy buenos dias a todos!
As always, I hope and pray that this finds you all well and happy. Bueno, this week has been quite a bittersweet adventure. Many great and spiritual experiences but also a few sad... On Monday, my zone went to Chili's again, can I just say how much I LOVE that restaurant? Every time we go, I feel like I'm in the U.S., and the food is just soo tasty! So, that was great, but afterwards I had to say goodbye to my Mom, Hermana Espinoza, who is ending her mission. That was sad. 
My Mom with My Sister... She trained her as well.
Hermana Espinoza wanted to be Tall
Oh you know... just me being the Dork that I am
Yet again... I'm the Weird Child
A lot of my friends in the mission are ending, and it's such a weird feeling! But it became even weirder on Tuesday. Every Tuesday night it's Ward Council in my Ward, and my companion and I were sitting down and one of our Zone Leaders was calling my name, "Hermana Karratti look what came today!" In his hands were what the mission calls 'Trunky Papers.' It’s a paper that a missionary fills out when their close to ending their mission. Well, I started laughing because I thought they were his, since he ends in 3 months. But, then he turned the paper around and guess who’s name was on it? MINE!! I stopped laughing, but then the other Elders started laughing at my reaction. NO!! It's a super weird feeling being one of the older people in the mission.
TRUNKY PAPERS.... NO!
Wednesday was a lot of fun! In the morning we had a service project with Hermana Teresa. I think I've mentioned her before, she's a 97 year old woman who lives alone with 9 cats! She's our Peruvian lady. Well, Hermana Teresa LOVES the missionaries and on Sunday, she asked if we could come and help her with her home. When we all arrived, the Elders started handing out masks, because her house smelled so bad! With 9 cats in a tiny house, and an old woman who can't walk very well, there was a lot to be done. We spent all morning cleaning, mopping, scrubbing and we finally finished at about 1 pm. 
Service Project
To finish the service project, my companion and I bought a cake. Hermana Teresa's birthday is Oct.15th, but none of us will be here for it. So, we chose to celebrate her 1/2 birthday since it was the 15th of April. When we brought out the cake, she started crying, it was really sweet!!
Happy Birthday Hermana Teresa!
Thursday and Friday were pretty normal days, nothing too special. Saturday, however, was a really funny day. We were teaching Paulino y Francisca and I don't know if I mentioned this, but Paulino is about 82 years old and Francisca is around 76. They take everything VERY seriously, sometimes a little too serious. Well, we were teaching them about the temple and baptisms for the dead and they were a little confused. So, we told them, "It's okay, poco a poco, which means little by little. I then gave them this example, "How do you eat an elephant?" They both looked at me very confused, and Francisca said, "I can't" I told her she could, and she was even more surprised. I finally told them, it's one bite at a time. Hermano Paulino sat in silence for awhile, then he asked, "How is it possible to take a bite out of an elephant?" Then, Francisca joined in, "How can I even cook an elephant?" Then, Paulino said, "So, in the temple there are people eating elephants?" My companion and I were dying from laughing so hard! It was hilarious! So, after the whole elephant fiasco we kept teaching. But now, it's just a joke between Hermana Valdez and I, "How is it possible to take a bite out of an elephant?"

Well, that was my week in a nutshell. As you can read by the subject line, today is Transfer day. After Internet we will find out who has a change or who stays... I'm hoping I don't have a change. I want another transfer with Hermana Valdez. She's the greatest!! But, we will have to see what the Lord has in store for me. I love this work and I love being his servant. This past week I did a lot of studying about the Atonement of Jesus Christ and if there is anything I know, it is that God accepts us for who we are, today, and not for our past mistakes. The Atonement is so wonderful. We can be free from sin. Completely free. What a wonderful blessing that is in all of our lives. I love my Lord and Savior and I know that this is his Church and his Gospel. I love and miss you all, and I hope you ALL have a wonderful week!

Con mucho amor,
Herm'ANNA' Karratti
Predicando en PerĂº 

No comments:

Post a Comment