Monday, July 21, 2014

Buenos Dias!

Buenos dias a todos!
Yet again I'm here, writing about my crazy adventures here in the wonderful land of Perú. How is everyone enjoying their summer? I'm so jealous of all of you! Anyways, I want all of you to know you're in my prayers and I hope and pray that everything is well with all of you.

Anyways, this week was wonderful. Yesterday in church we had 2 of our investigators attend and it was great! We were talking to them afterwards and they told us that they felt so peaceful and happy and they loved church. How wonderful is that? Also Bryant... THANK YOU FOR YOUR LETTER!!! It made me so happy to receive a letter, please send more! 
Thanks Bryant for your Letter!
Also Mom, please thank my little Johnston boys for my letter. I was yet again proposed to by Mason with strict rules that I can't marry anyone else. Love those little boys!
My Cute Letter from Mason Johnston

Thanks Jonston's for your Letters!
Oh! Apparently my name is now Rosemary, remember the investigator I was talking about a while ago, the one who wants to learn English? Well the other day she was asking me what my name was, and I asked her what she thought my name was. She thought about it for a little while, then said, "Rosemary! I'm going to call you Rosemary!" So since then, every time we are at her house. She calls me Rosemary. Don't know exactly why... but oh well! 

Another thing, we reactivated another family! I'll attach a picture of them at church yesterday. The little one that's with me is Lejandro, he apparently has told his parents that I'm his girl. Oh no! I have another little boyfriend. Yikes!! But the family is wonderful, and they have such a desire to come to church but with 2 little ones it's difficult. But they really want to be good examples to their kids so they're trying. 
Familia Toribio
(and my little boyfriend)
Lastly, we're having one of our members that we've been working with going through the temple! When we first arrived here in this area, she was a less-active. But now she's active and preparing for the temple. She wants us to come along with her, so on Friday when we had interviews with the President we asked and he said yes. We get to go to the temple again! Woo hoo! 

Other than that, this week was great. Gave another talk in church yesterday... in Spanish! And I'm amazed at how well the language is coming. Yes, I don't understand everything perfectly, but it's slowly getting better. I don't feel completely lost in the lessons, and I'm able to contribute. 4 months down! That's crazy how fast time seems to be going. 

I'm excited for this week, because on the 28th it's Independence Day here in Perú! Our landlord gave us a flag for our house because apparently there's a law that if you don't have a flag on your house on the 28th, you have to pay a huge fine. Thanks Hermana Rosa for the flag!

Well, I love you all and I hope this finds you all well and happy! I want you all to know that I know that this church is true. José Smith was a prophet of God and we are so lucky to have a living prophet on the Earth today to lead and guide us. The Book of Mormon is amazing and it's truly the word of God. My goal is to finish the Book of Mormon in Spanish before the end of the year. It's hard but awesome at the same time.

I love and miss you all dearly!
Have a wonderful week!

Con mucho amor,
Herm'ANNA' Karratti
Preachin' in Perú 


No comments:

Post a Comment