Monday, September 22, 2014

6 Months!

Time flies, that’s all I can say. It flies!
Today ends yet another transfer, and to be honest I’m a little nervous. My companion, Hermana Alvarez, has over 4 months in this area, and she thinks that she might be getting transferred today. No!! I don’t want her to leave!  She is seriously the best and I am so lucky, But, I guess we’ll have to see what happens later. Well, this week was pretty darn good! We had a ward talent show (which was a HUGE success), Jose our investigator has his baptism this Saturday, I was in a trio, and I got a PACKAGE WITH GOLDFISH!!!!

 This past Friday we had a Ward Talent Show, and it was awesome! 
Show de Talentos
The 4 missionaries in my ward with Miguel our ward mission leader performed a skit. If you search on YouTube “Missionary Car Ride” you’ll see the skit that we kinda copied. It was a lot of fun! I guess when I get home everyone can see the video. Other than that there were a lot of other skits. My companion and I were also in a band! Lifelong dream achieved! I can now happily say that I was in a band, and I even sang in this said band. Hey Bryant, I sang one of your favorite songs, “Introducing Me!” 


Also, super exciting...WE HAVE A BAPTISM THIS WEEK!!! One of our investigators, Jose is seriously golden! His baptism is this up coming Saturday and our entire ward is excited. This week he came running into the lesson with his Permission Slip. "My mom said yes!" We are so excited. Really I cannot wait until Saturday.

So, this past Wednesday my companion had to go to Immigrations (I hope I spelt that right) and so I was in a trio for the day. It was actually really good! We studied and taught a few lessons. I honestly like being with just one companion better than having 2. One is a lot easier. But at lunch we were playing with Play-Dough with a little boy and it was fun. I attached a picture of it!
My Trio!
MOM! I GOT THE PACKAGE!!! And since I seriously ate all of the goldfish in like 20 minutes. I kept the wrapper and made it into my planner cover. I get to see Goldfish everyday! Hey everyone, if you love me, send Goldfish! They don't have here in Peru and I miss them dearly. But really Mom, thank you so much for the package. I loved it, and all the post-cards. It made this missionary really happy! Thanks a ton!
MY PACKAGE!!
Lastly, this week my companion and I watched Roosters Fight! It is super duper popular here. And there are competitions for it with trophies and all. One of our recent converts, Coco (the one we had a birthday party with) has over 400 roosters that he raises and trains. We were meeting with him and he gave us an address to meet him at with his family. We went over and he was at this place where there was roosters... FIGHTING! Weirdest thing I have every seen in my life. Not a huge fan, but afterwards my companion and I went down to the ring to take a few pictures. Hope you enjoy!
My Companion and I in the Rooster Ring
Anyways, it's crazy that I'm almost at 6 months. Time is flying and I am so grateful that I have this opportunity to serve here in Peru. I love my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and I know this church is true. I love and miss you all!! 

Con mucho amor,
Herma'ANNA' Karratti
Predicando en Peru


No comments:

Post a Comment