Monday, September 1, 2014

I’m the Brownie Master!

Can I just say that I LOVE being a missionary?
Really, it's the greatest thing I've ever done. I love serving, I love teaching, I love meeting new people. It's just the bomb.com (ask your mom) This past week was really good for Hermana Alvarez and I. Visiting the Center of Lima, teaching English, making more brownies, and just being goofs!

So last Monday, my Zone went to the Center of Lima, and it was really fun! We toured churches, famous museums and just explored. 
My Zone this past Monday in the Center of Lima
We went on this one tour which took us to the top of a mountain which over looks all of Lima. This said mountain of course had a gigantic cross on the top which lights up at night. It's called "Cruz del Cerro San Cristobal" it was really interesting! Our favorite part was taking pictures at the top looking over all of Lima. Lima is HUGE! I only serve in a tiny part of it. Holy Cow it's big! But anyways, it was fun being tourists for a day.
My Companion and I with Hermano Miguel
(a member from our ward who came with us to Lima Central)
This past week, my District was trying to think of ideas on how to get more references and have more investigators. Then we thought of doing english classes. So Elder Wagstaff and I teach an English class every week in the chapel. We even had one of our investigators bring her 5 year old cousin, and she honestly knew more than everyone else in the class! I wrote "Estoy feliz" on the board and she yelled out, "I am happy!" How a 5 year old knows so much English, I don't know. 

So the lessons are going pretty well. We have a family that we're teaching that is really progressing. Elena with her 3 daughters. Fiorella (19), Antuanè (16), and Ariatna (8). We only started with Antuane but then we met her family and they wanted to listen, as well. Lately though, Antuane hasn't been wanting to listen to us, it's kinda sad but we're not giving up! Fiorella, her older sister is really progressing. She loves reading in the Book of Mormon, and she even accepted a baptismal date for the 27th of this month! We are all really looking forward to it!

Anyways, I don't know why, but this ward LOVES brownies. Everyone is always asking me if I'll make brownies. So yesterday, a family in my ward, the Huapayas, had us over for lunch and while Hermano Huapaya made lunch. I made the brownies. He's a chef for a big restaurant here so the food was really yummy! And to top it off we had brownies at the end. So, it was really delicious! Ha! Practically everyone in my ward wants me to make them brownies. 

Lastly, this week Hermana Alvarez and I have been such goofs! As you can see from some of the photos I've attached, we just go crazy sometimes! With our sunglasses, to being swag masters. We are just nuts! I love my companion.
My Companion and I ... The Dorks!
Well, I love you all and I miss you a ton! Know that you're all in my prayers and that I think of you all often. Pray for the missionaries... we need it!

Con mucho amor,
Herm'ANNA' Karratti
Preachin' in Perú


No comments:

Post a Comment