Monday, September 8, 2014

Buenos Dias a Todos!

Wow! This week went by so fast! it's hard to remember everything that happened.
Thinking back on this week, all I can really remember is a clown, a pig head, finding new investigators, and just teaching with the spirit. Other than these, I don't really remember much else. If I do remember later, I'll be sure to mention it.

This upcoming week is Hermana Alvarez's birthday! Same day as Brandon's. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRAND!! Last week was a recent convert, Hermano Coco's, birthday. Our Mission Leader has a business, he's a clown! He does birthday parties and other fiestas. He also works for Hermano Coco in his shirt printing business. So, on Friday we had a "Noche de Hogar" (FHE) in their house, but really it was a birthday party for Hermano Coco. It was fun! Sadly I wasn't able to celebrate the party with Hna. Alvarez since we were on a work visit with the Sister Training Leaders. My comp. was in another area while I was here with Hna. Molina from Ecuador. She's a really good leader. But I'll just say I was really happy to have my companion back afterwards. 
Birthday Party for Hermano Coco
So, more weird food! Check eating a pig head off my bucket list. Yesterday for lunch I had a pig head! Apparently the family that we ate with has a tradition; last person to enter the room gets the head. Guess who was the last? Me. Weird experience having a pig head stare at you while eating lunch. But! It was actually really good. I might just have to walk in last once more. 
My Pig Head ... Smile Porky!!
Well, on Saturday it was both super hard, and super great! All of our lessons that we had planned fell through. It was about 6pm and we hadn't taught a lesson. Our mission leader, Miguel, was with us and he offered a prayer asking where we could go to teach. We all received the feeling that we should go down this street that we usually never walk down. We stopped to talk to this woman and her daughter in their little shop. They were really interested! The came to church yesterday, and when we went back for another lesson yesterday, their whole family was there waiting for us! Golden Investigators!! They're married (which is VERY rare here), and they have 3 little girls. I am so excited for this family!
 
Our Gospel Doctrine Class.  We're slowly getting bigger!
Anyway, I love this new area, and I love the members here. They are always willing to help. Just to name a few for example. Miguel (our unofficial Mission Leader). He was baptized in March, and has the strongest testimony of anyone I've met. He has pretty much devoted his life to missionary work. He always wants to accompany us in the lessons, and we are so lucky to have him! Another family that I absolutely love is the Huapayas. He's the 2nd counselor in the bishopric and she's in the Young Women’s. They have 3 children who are so great. I told their son, Christian, that my brother has a Master’s Degree in Video Games. And then he told his parents, "I'm moving to Utah to study Video Games!" I love this family!!
Familia Huapaya
I couldn't be happier to be a missionary. It's the greatest calling ever! Know that I love you all and miss you very much. Also know, that I know this church is true! God does answer prayers and He wants us to be happy. The Book of Mormon is the word of God. READ IT! It can and will change your life. I love my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ and I am so blessed to be serving here in PerĂº. I love you all! Have a wonderful week!!

Con mucho amor,
Herm'ANNA' Karratti
Preachin' in PerĂº


No comments:

Post a Comment