Monday, June 9, 2014

Oh What a Beautiful Morning!!

¡Buenos dias familia y amigos!
 What a wonderful wintry day it is here in Perù. How is everyone else enjoying their summer? When I'm sent all the pictures of the beach and what not it just makes me miss summer! Still a little strange to me that it's June and cold outside. I don't know if I'll ever get used to this weather. Well, I guess I should start with the weekly run-down. 

Monday night during a lesson, Lima had a little earthquake. Here we are watching a DVD of La Restauracion and the TV starts shaking a little. I was so shocked! It only lasted a few seconds, but I don't think I will ever get used to earthquakes. They are super weird... No me gusta!

Wednesday we had a service project which was actually a lot of fun! We cleaned a members garage. And let me tell you, this garage had about 5 inches thick of dust on everything! But one of the Elder's in my zone made it a little better when he started putting dirt and dust on everyones faces. 

Service Project
Me with Elder Delgado.  Look at our faces!!  He's the one that started the "dirt fight"
It sorta ended up in a dirt fight. It was a lot of fun! I've attached a picture of some of the sisters. My companion is sadly allergic to dust, so she was inside helping another member clean things. Poor Hermana Espinioza!!

Service Project
Dirty Work is Fun with the Sisters
On Thursday while Hermana. Espinoza and I were walking to an appointment a car passed by us. And this car just so happened to be a blue, Suzuki, station wagon. My car! The BlueFish lives on in Perù! I wasn't able to get a picture of it, but I started freaking out and laughing about how that's my car! And I my comp. just started laughing at me. Because here I was just jumping up and down freaking out about a blue station wagon. Next time I see the BlueFish I'll get a picture. :)

New Familia in our Ward
Other than those fun adventures, nothing else too exciting has really happened. This Saturday we'll have Elder Oaks here. And I'm playing the piano! Yikes!!! But everything is great. I love being a missionary and teaching! I love seeing the light in my investigators eyes when something just clicks. It's the best! I love love love LOVE being a missionary!!!!

I hope everyone is well, know I love and miss you all terribly!!

Con mucho amor,
Herm'ANNA' Karratti
Preachin' in Perù

No comments:

Post a Comment