Monday, June 30, 2014

2 Weeks in 1 Email!

Sorry for last week. That was crazy!
We were all here at Internet, and then our zone leader got a call from our Mission President saying our P-day was going to be cut short, because we had emergency exchanges. All I really understood was that we had to finish emails in like 20 minutes and by the end president would call back or something with who was being changed. Kinda freaky! So at the end of our shortened email time, one of the AP called and told us the details. Apparently about 80% of the Central American missionaries are being sent out of Perú because they have problems with their Visa or something like that. Luckily, everything is find with my companion, So she didn't have to leave. But sadly our zone leader, Elder Carrera, had to leave. He's from Guatemala, and he's a crazy Elder! Our district had a little good-bye thing at a members home. (He's the one the Elder's are picking up in the picture) But it was sad having to say good-bye to him. His new mission is in Columbia.
My District with Elder Carrera
 Anyways, I'll quickly explain last week, then move on to this week! So last week, we (Hna. Espinoza, Romina, and I) went to the temple! It was so wonderful! Rominda, the girl in the pictures. Is a member from Hna. Espinoza's last area and she wanted to jpin us. She was great! She spoke English, or at least she's learning English so she wanted to talk to me a lot. But it was a great day for us! Friday night we had a "lesson" at a recent converts house which was really just a birthday party for my companion. Pretty much the entire ward was there and it was super fun! One of the traditions I find so funny, but I know I'll hate it when it's my birthday, is that you have the opportunity to have everyone smash eggs on our your head for every year when it's your birthday. So, my companion had 20 eggs smashed on her head. I know I'm not going to like that tradtions in February. Well, that pretty much sums up the pictures from last week. Not on to this week!!



Hermana Espinoza and I just having Fun
Well, I have officially made it through my first transfer in the mission field! Yes, I've been in the field for 8 weeks, and transfers are only 6. So let me explain. I entered the field in-between transfers. 2 weeks before the last transfers, so this has been my first COMPLETE transfer. Time is flying by!

On Thursday, Hna. Espinoza and I had a work visit from the sister leaders. And I was paired with one, Hna. Michel, and I went and worked in another area for the day. It was fun! I learned a lot from Hna. Michel too! She only has one transfer left and she knows a lot! I even had one of the investigators ask me if I was from Brazil! So yes, the language is getting better I guess! 

Sadly, we aren’t having has many baptisms as we want. But we are teaching a ton of less-active members! Our Bishop (or I guess our old bishop since we just received a new bishop yesterday), told us that since we started focusing on the less-active members we have brought church attendance in our ward from about 155 to about 195-200! We have also re-activated 3 of our less-active families! It's actually really exciting! One of our "families" that we've been teaching has grown so much! Dany Rodriguez who is 37 and his mother, Juana. When Hna. Espinoza and I first started teaching them, they were both so shut off from us. He told us that his baptism was a mistake. He was young, 14, and dumb as he put it. And Hna. Juana didn't really say much at all.- But now, about 6 weeks later, and they are both re-activated in the church, and every lesson with them is amazing!! He participates in the lessons, asks questions, and now he HOLDS THE PRIESTHOOD! It's so wonderful! This is why I'm a missionary. To bring the light into peoples lives. Or I guess with them, bring the light back into their lives.

So other than that, mission life is just grand! Teachin' and preachin' and workin' as missionaries do. I hope as always that this finds you all happy and well, and you all know that I miss you all a ton!!

Con amor,
Herm'ANNA' Karratti
Preachin' in Perú


No comments:

Post a Comment