Monday, January 26, 2015

10 Months! WOO!!

Can you believe it? 10 months!! 
Time is sure flying by so quickly and I couldn't believe it. I don't know how I feel about it, I'm happy but sad at the same time. Such a weird feeling! Well, today we find out who will have changes and who will stay. We always find out after internet, so next week I may have a new companion, or I might be with Hermana Aceituno, we don't know yet! But, we'll just have to see!
My Missionary Plaques
So, my entire mission I've only used one of my plaques... well, I think it's gotten a little worn.
Time to use my other!
So, this week was great! Yesterday, we had one of our investigators accept a date for her baptism! February 14th (Bryant's Birthday!) we were so happy! It's been hard to teach her, because her Dad is a preacher of another church. But Milagros (that's her name) didn't know what to do. Because she knew that what she was learning was correct, but she was scared as to what her father would say. Normally, all the lessons are in a members house, but, she doesn't want her father to know that she's listening to the missionaries. But, yesterday we decided that we needed to teach her in her house to try to get to know her father. So we went there and we introduced ourselves to him and he told us, "I have such respect for you because you came to my house and you want to do this right. If my daughter wants to go down this path, I'll allow it." When we said that, all of our mouths just dropped. Especially Milagros. We went on to teach her, and as we finished we decided to invite her to baptism. We did and we originally planned for the 21st of February, but when we said that date, she asked, "Can we do it sooner?" The sooner the better! I'm just sooo happy!
Our "Mother"
Hermana Jesus always signs up to serve us lunch... Such a cute lady!!
Also this week, we found a less-active family. Well, last week we were in the Chapel and our Ward Mission Leader told us that we should go talk to a family that was walking into the Chapel. We went up to introduce ourselves and they were less-actives. Apparentl,y they haven't been to church in over 5 years. They're the Robles Family (that sounds weird in English... Familia Robles, yeah that's better) and they decided to go back to church when their youngest daughter, Lusiana who is 8 found a Book of Mormon on their bookshelf. She asked what this book was, and Hermano Luis (the father) started to explain it a little and he also explained if she wanted she could be baptized. Lusiana went on to ask her family why they weren't going to church, and her parents couldn't really come up with a good reason as to why. So, they came, and all this week we've been visiting with them. They're a wonderful family and I'm so thankful for Lusiana and her desire to learn more! She's such a cutie! 
Me and Elder Aoki ... Such a Cool Elder!
He's a swimmer, as well.  We've become great friends, we always talk about swim terms.
Well, this week was pretty great! I hope you have a wonderful week and enjoy the last week of January! How crazy is that?? Well, I love you and miss you all! Have a wonderful week and know you're always in my prayers. Like Rosemary M. Wixom once said, “As individuals we are strong. Together, with God, we are unstoppable.”
May God bless you all this week!

Con mucho amor,
Herm'ANNA Karratti
Predicando en Perú

No comments:

Post a Comment